Sunday, June 14, 2009

First day

The start was from the Autonomous Province of Kyrzakystan-. Several villages came to welcome us and some festivities including dance and horse games. It was a great treat. I still couldnt get much sleep -- windy and still jet lagged. The start was ok. There were multiple stream and canyon crossings. I didnt bother to remove my shoes, it dried off after a while. After checkpoint 2, I wasnt feeling well, headache and 102 fever. There was some steep canyon climbing at the end. Took it easy and finished the day today (42km). We are staying at a cute Kyrzak village, poplar trees and kids everywhere. I hope I can recover in strength over the days (next 3 days are 42km). Guys  I received your emails and reading again and again. I miss you all and the kids.
 
(Blog updated via email)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hojraj,
    As we like to say in Jamaica, "Cool Runnings".

    Take care of yourself.

    A

    ReplyDelete