Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 3

Last night our camp was in a farm. I was hobbling - barely able to stand and walk around in the morning. I am still feeling weak, and just going to take it as it comes. Briefing at 8am and start at 9am. The first checkpoint passed through a village. The locals were lined up cheering and I took lot of photos. The pain slowly drifted away. The second stage was through the fields and crossing streams and canals. It was quite muddy and during one of the traverse I fell into a puddle which covered me, the pack and the camera in dirt. At a dry place took care to dry off the camera. CP2 lasted for a really long while through the fields and streams. At the checkpoint changed my socks. The third checkpoint was a slow climb through a gravel valley. Very painful. The last stage was better, firmer ground, but climbed to about 7500ft. We are now at Heaven's Gate, which is worlds highest natural bridge. National Geographic discovered this in 2002.
 
I am doing ok and not going to push myself -- need to survive tomorrow which is a difficult day and the last day which is really a long one -- but that is almost home stage.
 
My feet took a beating today and later at the doc tent, punctured two toenails to drain off the liquid-- guided by the docs..
 
Havent received any new emails today.

No comments:

Post a Comment