Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 4

What a day!! The first stage was truly truly truly spectacular and whether I finish or not,this was worth it all. Gorgeous setting through a gorge and to ascend 8 ladders to get to the top. My pain was numbing away. Te second stage had just started and the most difficult stage,but at a corner while descending a gorge, I slipped about 10ft or so. Luckily there were some other folks around who pulled me up. The top of my eye and eye lid was cut in two places and my knees bruised. I could  have gone back to CP1 and shown the doctor, but just chugged along. Very dangerous stage, steep descents in scree and climbing back up again. At CP2, the doctor took care of me for about an hour or so (stiches to one of the cut). CP3 was up and down --mostly down. We descended about 10k feet down to the valley. Between CP3 and CP4 there were lots of stream crossings, a very very long flat traverse, but the camp is near a beautiful graveyard :) whose mud architecture matches astonishly with the surroundings.
 
Got lots of email. Tomorrow is go to home day (50 miles). Other issues too, but I will elaborate on that later.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment